If your printer keeps printing pages when your pc starts, then follow these steps to clear the print queue.
These instructions are for Windows 7 or Vista, and won’t do any harm to your PC. I usually advise this and 99.9% of clients will cure their printer problems this way.
- Click Start.
- In the box above, type cmd
- Right-click on cmd.exe (the command prompt shortcut) and select Run as administrator
- In the black box that appears, type net stop spooler then press Enter
- Type in del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q then press Enter. (Note there is a space before the /Q)
- Type net start spooler then press Enter
The print queue on your Windows 7 or Vista PC will now be cleared out. Close the black command window using the cross at the top and restart your PC.
Has my fix for Printer keeps printing pages when pc starts worked? Then please use the icons below to tweet, like or share this article if you found it useful, it really helps this site to help others!